The World of Keem

Saturday, October 30, 2004

The Adventures of She Who Should Post More Often...

Well, it's been a while since my last post. Hard to get time to do them at work. We are finally on the phones, but there just hasn't been enough time to blog at work yet. I figured I'd do a quick one today. Am supposed to be doing laundry right now, but I just don't have the energy to. I'll do it later.

So, I had an interesting time after work last night. Had to go to the DMV to get my tabs renewed for my car. Usually, it's pretty quick as they have an express lane for tabs. Unfortunately, not last night. I was horrified to see that there was a "window closed" sign in the express lane. To backtrack a little, I told Dana to stay in the car because I wouldn't be long at all. With windows open. It was very humid outside. And no, I'm not hinting that I could have left the keys in the car for her to turn on the air conditioner. So I'm inside and I grab my number. C61. They were helping B10. I didn't really catch the B part of it right away. This particular site has a very diverse group of customers. I love children, but why do you need to bring your 10 children with you to the DMV? You aren't really watching them. If you were, you would see your smallest child laying on the floor in the middle of everyone. Not to mention the fact that he hit his head on the post and is about to cry any minute. Or the mother yelling at your screaming child to shut up. Or the children just running around in general with no purpose. I really don't know why I come here. There are many others I could go to, but I always set myself up for this. It's never quick. And poor Dana is sitting in the car. At least she has her book. They say the wait time is only going to be 35-45 minutes. And here I am without my book. So this guy behind me asks me what letter I have on my ticket. I tell him and he points out that he hopes they aren't really on B. But I guess we'll find out if two people have the same number. CRAP! I really hope that it isn't true. Please, please let it be wrong! So we chat while waiting and hope that they end up skipping a bunch of numbers every time they call a new one. I was grateful that there really weren't 51 people before me or 151 if they were truly on B (which they weren't, thank goodness). I think it was more like 30. Still took the 45 minutes, but at least it wasn't longer than that. So the guy says that he hopes it isn't raining. That reminds me that there were thunderstorms predicted for last night around that time. Then some wonderful non-working DMV clerk says that there is a tornado warning until 9pm. GREAT! Now I have to keep hoping that it isn't raining. My poor car will be wet inside. Oh yeah..Dana too (kidding Dana, I was more worried about what you were going to do if it was raining). I couldn't go out and close the windows because I could lose my spot in line. I really didn't want to wait another 45 minutes because I had to take a new number, so I had to hope that all was okay outside. They finally call my number, only to find out that I have to wait in line for the cashier now. Yeah. Great! At least that was only a 5 minute wait. Happy that that horrible experience is over, I go back out to the car. I notice that it had rained. Didn't think it was that bad until I saw the big puddle. Oh oh. I hope Dana isn't too wet. Imagine walking up to the car to see an umbrella sticking out of the window. Gotta give her credit for thinking of the umbrella. I felt bad, but was laughing hysterically at the sight.

So on our way to the DMV, we pass a car fire. Wasn't big at first, but it got bigger as I was driving away. I kept watching out of my mirror to see what was going on. I just have a few questions:

If your car is on fire, why do you try to put it out?
Do you think that it's going to help?
Do you not know that gasoline is highly combustable and your car will explode?
If you see/hear a tiny explosion, why must you continue to try and put out the fire?
Do you really think that it is going to help?
Do you have a death wish?
If it explodes a third time, why do you keep going back?
Don't you realize that it could be a much bigger one the next time?

Yes, I saw the flames get higher and small explosions. The dude kept trying to put it out and go back towards the car. Let it go. You can't stop it.

Okay one more thing before I go. So we drive by a sign for upcoming concerts and whatnot occasionally. Last night we saw "Smuckers Champions" or something like that. I can't wait. I get to see Grape and Strawberry.

Until next time...

4 Comments:

  • At 11:46 AM, Blogger CarpeDM said…

    You forgot the best part!

    It was Smuckers Champions on Ice! Grape and Strawberry on ice! How could you resist that?

    I loved the post. Really brought back those great memories of sitting there with the dripping and the thunder and the "Oh, sure, it'll only be a few minutes. Why can't I go inside? Why? It's not like I'm impulsive or get distracted or anything. Squirrel!"

    No, there wasn't really a squirrel. Squirrels don't like the rain.

     
  • At 11:27 PM, Blogger brooksba said…

    Keem!

    I loved this post! Poor Dana, but she was clever. That's a good thing.

    I am now curious about Smuckers Champions. Do you think they ever include Apple?

     
  • At 9:58 AM, Blogger Firebear said…

    I am confused... but I like the story about the car fire. Sounds like you expect people to have common sense. good luck with that.

     
  • At 2:00 AM, Blogger brooksba said…

    Keem!

    I miss you posting. I just wanted to say Hello! again and I'm still waiting patiently, sitting with big, pleading eyes, for another post. =)

    Beth

     

Post a Comment

<< Home