The World of Keem

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Boysenberry, Blueberry and Diet Coke With Lemon Do Not Mix...

Last night, Dana and I went to IHOP to meet Beth after she was done at the dealership. She got a NEW car!! I'm excited for her. New cars are the best! I normally love IHOP, but this was probably the worst experience I've had yet in a restaurant.

The waitress we had was really bad. I pretty much tip on XXX things. Do they keep my glass full of Diet Coke? Do they check back to make sure my food is okay (at least twice)? Do they ask if there is anything else that I want before they give me the check?

She started off okay. She checked back to see if we were ready to order. We started off with an appetizer. Came back and asked if we were ready to order, or were we going to wait until our friend arrived. Dana was craving wings, so we ordered those. This was probably the last time we saw our waitress for about 45 minutes. Try having about a half of a glass of Diet Coke and eating Buffalo Wings. By the time I was on my third wing, I was out of Diet Coke and only had the lemon wedge and ice to try to cool off my toungue. I was left with trying to cool it off by eating some of the blue cheese dressing. Didn't help. Eventually, it went away.

We saw her several times in that 45 minutes that we were waiting, but not because she was helping us at all. You'd think that if you only have 3 tables that you would check with each of them. Nope. Not at all. We were the forgotten table. When she finally did come back, we decided to order. I ordered Pumpkin pancakes. I thought that they would be good. Not too flavorful. She brings Dana's order out and tells me that mine is still being made. "You have to cook the Pumpkin all the way through." Yeah, because I wanted to eat the batter!

I get them and realize that just maple syrup isn't going to be enough. They don't really have that Pumpkin flavor I was hoping for, so all the flavors came out. Okay, not the Strawberry. Don't like that one. The syrup is the best part about eating pancakes in a restaurant. Especially if they have multiple flavors. I started with Butter Pecan, then on to Boysenberry and then the Blueberry. If only I had milk. Nope. I did, however, finally have Diet Coke. I did realize that there is one issue with having Diet Coke. Boysenberry, Blueberry, and Diet Coke do not mix.

Beth got there just as Dana and I were finished. We asked for the check and Beth asked if she could order. Our waitress told us that she was done, but she would get someone else to take her order. You would think that that would actually happen. Nope. I think we sat there for about 10 minutes and no waitress to take her order. Our waitress basically made excuses and said she told the other person. She is good at blaming other people. While we were sitting there, she had no problem blaming the cooks or anyone else for that matter.

Beth gave up. We paid and then went to see her nice, shiney new car. I have to say that this was the smallest tip I've ever given anyone. Even a delivery person for Pizza. $3.00. If you know any of us, we do not hesitate to tip big. In the past, we would challenge ourselves and it wasn't unheard of to give our waitperson a tip the size of our check. We were even told at one time that we were the major funder for a dvd collection.

Well, off to work for the day. 3 minutes until I have to actually start taking wonderful calls. Woo hoo!

3 Comments:

  • At 11:18 AM, Blogger CarpeDM said…

    Yay! A new post! This was fun. Much more fun than actually waiting for the stupid waitress to come back.

    I hate bad service. I love rewarding good service.

    Pecan Pancakes and Pumpkin Pancakes. Pecan Pancakes and Pumpkin Pancakes. Pecan Pancakes and Pumpkin Pancakes. Pecan Pancakes and Pumpkin Pancakes.

    It's fun if you say it fast.

     
  • At 12:32 PM, Blogger brooksba said…

    Keem!

    I like the new post.

    Besides being a terrible server, the woman was just plain weird. Why do people feel the need to share things with us? Do I need to know that the waitress is going to go home and take a long hot bath? Especially when she didn't even bother to ask if I wanted something to drink? I can understand if she's cut and going home, but I would have at least appreciated a glass of water or a Coke. ARGH!

    Okay, I'm off to work now.

    Beth

     
  • At 12:12 PM, Blogger brooksba said…

    Keem,

    Matt's insane. And he promised another post and has not delivered. I'm sad.

    Do you have any great stories to tell? Tell Bob and Paul stories! I likey!

    Beth

     

Post a Comment

<< Home